You need to assume the end is very far away
If you don't know the end, then you need to assume the end is very far away
- When working on a new project, when you are trying to polish and finish the project, you might think that - "do these 3 things and the project is done".
- Very often when you do those 3 things you will discover that there are 3 more things to do.
- When you do this next 3 things, you will discover that there are 5 more things to do.
- This spoils your project plan. Your work never gets done. You get discouraged. Customer is always unhappy with your product
The right mentality
- For these kinds of things, always assume the end is very far way.
- Race though what you have visibility into.
- Race though the things that you newly discovered that needs to be done.
- Once fine day, you will actually be done while you are still thinking there is a lot more to be done.
- That will give you a sense of accomplishment when you finally realize that the project is actually done.